December 2015 – After enjoying the beauty of Roosevelt Lake and finding our favorite camping areas near Phoenix closed, we left the eastern side of Four Peaks and the ancient Indian cliff dwellings to spend two weeks in luxury at high end RV parks in Mesa. The wonderful thing about doing that at this time of year is that we have been enjoying the Christmas lights that the RVers around us have put up to decorate their rolling homes in the desert.
ViewPoint RV & Golf Resort has an RV park tucked into a community of park model homes, and right now there Christmas lights decorating every row of RVs. Even better, the sunsets and sunrises in the last few days have been just gorgeous.
This is a place that lots of so-called snowbirds flock to for winter warmth and entertainment. And at the holiday season, the RVs and single wide park models throughout the community are lovingly decorated to the hilt.
When our escort (we got an escort!) brought us into the RV park at ViewPoint on his golf cart, we saw a cactus with Santa hats on every arm in front of a park model we passed. We had to run back after we got set up and check it out. How cute!
Mesa, Arizona, sits between downtown Phoenix and the towering rock cliff faces of the beautiful Superstition mountains. How cool to see the mountains peaking up between two park model homes on the golf course.
Just across from us, a fifth wheel trailer has a tree with gifts in front all ready for the big day.
I love walking around admiring Christmas lights at this time of year, and staying in these two RV resorts has given us a chance to see some great displays in front of both RVs and park model homes.
A few rows down from us, a motorhome that is polished to a glistening shine mirrors the reflection of a lighted Christmas tree in their yard.
Nearby, a park model just begs for Christmas carolers to stop by…
Snow and ice can make for a beautiful White Christmas up north, but spending Christmas in an RV down south here in Arizona is pretty special too.
Ho ho ho…
For more info on these two RV resorts, check out these links. These parks are affiliates of the Thousand Trails RV park network, and with a Thousand Trails membership you can get a 20% discount on nightly and weekly stays or a 10% discount on a monthly stay. Good deal! I’ll be posting more info about our visits in both parks soon:
- Monte Vista RV Resort with a little more info here
- ViewPoint RV & Golf Resort with a little more info here
- Things we’ve seen and done in our RV travels to this area
- Where are these RV parks? – Google Maps
More detailed info about our experiences at these RV resorts in Arizona:
- Monte Vista RV Resort – Arts, Crafts & Sports Fun! – Love arts & crafts and sports? Go here!
- ViewPoint RV & Golf Resort – RVer’s and Golfer’s Delight! – Love golf? Check this place out!
Never miss a post — it’s free!
Our most recent posts:
- Dog’s Life – Buddy’s Got It Covered! 02/15/19
- Rainbows and Wild Horses in the Arizona Desert! 02/08/19
- Canyon Country Highlights – Lake Powell, Horseshoe Bend & More! 02/01/19
- Bryce Canyon in Winter – Snow and Lace on the Red Rock Spires! 01/25/19
- Grand Canyon – A Winter Wonderland with Snow! 01/18/19
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.