We first visited Wyoming with our brand new travel trailer during our first year of full-time RV travel in the summer of 2007, and we found that Yellowstone National Park was just as awesome as everyone said. There were fabulous and bizarre steaming pools and geysers as well as elk and buffalo sharing the roads.
But it was nearby Grand Teton National Park that really took our breath away. Our minds still reeling after those incredible mountain views, we visited unique Devil’s Tower. As we continued our travels, the Tetons remained on our bucket list, but we didn’t get back there for seven years!
In the summer of 2012, we passed through Wyoming again, discovering a modern-day boomtown in Pinedale, where the natural gas industry was flying high. We also explored the western side (Wyoming side) of magical Flaming Gorge National Park.
During the summer of 2014, we finally returned to Grand Teton National Park in our fifth wheel trailer. It was our first year of living a life of full-time RVing adventures after the end of our sailing cruise of Mexico, and were blown away once again. The Tetons are one of America’s most beautiful national parks, and even after that second lengthy visit, they remain on our bucket list for the future!
- Buffalo Wyoming – RVing Basque Style in the Bighorns! September 4, 2017Basque sheep herders in the Bighorns of Wyoming have been RVing in travel trailers for ages. Here’s a few of their wagons…!
- Buffalo Wyoming – Cowboys, Cowgirls and Sheriff Walt Longmire! August 27, 2017On an RV trip to Buffalo Wyoming we met cowboys and cowgirls, watched a rodeo and even saw a parade for Walt Longmire!
- Eastern Wyoming Small Towns – An RV Trip through Wyoming’s Quiet Side! August 15, 2017On an RV trip through eastern Wyoming we found charming small towns at Chugwater, Douglas, Newcastle, Sundance and Buffalo!
- Grand Teton National Park Wyoming – Rare Sightings! September 29, 2014We had some special sightings during our stay in Grand Teton National Park: rainbows, starry nights, fox, badger and leaping bison!
- Grand Teton National Park – 101 Ways to Enjoy The Tetons! September 20, 2014Grand Teton National Park is a place to be savored, and we discovered lots of ways folks do just that!
- Grand Teton National Park WY – Mirrored Waters September 17, 2014We loved the mirrored reflections of the stunning Grand Teton National Park mountains at Shwabacher’s Landing & Jenny Lake.
- Grand Teton National Park WY – Wild Skies September 10, 2014Fiery sunsets, mysterious mists, and rosy pink sunrises filled the skies at Grand Teton National Park.
- Flaming Gorge, WY – Absolutely spectacular, colorful views and friendly big-game animals September 30, 2012Flaming Gorge Wyoming has stunning lake and mountain views, and Lucerne Valley hosts friendly pronghorn and bighorn sheep.
- Pinedale, WY – A beautiful modern-day Boomtown September 29, 2012Pinedale WY is a fun, modern-day boomtown flying high from a natural gas boom with amenities worthy of a town ten times its size.
- Jackson, WY – The Wild West Tamed & Gentrified September 20, 2012Jackson, Wyoming, is a trendy town for the ultra-rich, but people watching and enjoying the sights are still free and fun to do.
- Afton, Wyoming – Cowgirl Town! July 20, 2012Afton, Wyoming, is a classic cowboy town, with a famous elk antler arch welcoming visitors and a shoot-em-up cowgirl directing traffic.
- Devil’s Tower, WY – Remember “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” ?? September 30, 2007Devil’s Tower Wyoming, known for the movie “Close Encounters,” is sacred to the Lakota and has a cool community of prairie dogs.
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming – Stunning! September 28, 2007We visited Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming and were awe-struck by the majesty of the mountains reflecting in Jenny Lake.
- Yellowstone National Park, WY – Bubbling Geysers September 22, 2007Yellowstone National Park has bubbling geysers and hot springs and lots of mysterious looking mineral formations.
- Yellowstone National Park, WY – Big Game Animals September 17, 2007Yellowstone National Park lived up to its billing with big game animals up close and elk courting outside our RV window.