Our RV roadtrip in our travel trailer along the Oregon coast and Columbia River in the summer of 2007 was full of the great discoveries of the full-time RV lifestyle: being free and living without a schedule for the first time in our adult lives. What a great life!
It took us forever to return to Oregon, and in the interim we became seasoned full-time RVers and also sailed Mexico’s west coast for nearly four years. By the time we returned to Oregon with our big fifth wheel trailer, in the summer of 2014, it had been on our travel agenda for seven years!
This time we came into the center of the state from Nevada, visiting stunning Crater Lake National Park and then settling into trendy and charming Bend, Oregon. From Bend, our RV travels took us to the eastern and northeastern parts of the state which are much less visited but, in our opinions, even more delightful. Baker City and the Wallowa Mountains (Joseph area) were both heartwarming and beautiful.
- Hell’s Canyon – A Gorgeous Gorge! August 7, 2014Hell’s Canyon is a gorgeous gorge that was carved between towering canyon walls by the Snake River.
- Hurricane Creek Wildflowers – Enterprise OR July 30, 2014The Hurricane Creek hiking trail inspired us with wildflower strewn meadows and snow-capped mountain peaks.
- Wallowa Lake Tramway – Into the Alps! July 23, 2014The Wallowa Lake Tramway is a sweet ride with breathtaking views 4000′ up to a mountaintop.
- Joseph Branch Railriders – What a ride! July 19, 2014The Joseph Branch Railriders excursion was a fantastic ride on special bikes designed to ride on the railways!
- Joseph, Oregon – At Heaven’s Door! July 15, 2014Joseph, Oregon, is a quiet, tiny town boasting mountain scenery that knocked our socks off!
- Baker City Cycling Classic July 11, 2014Racing bikes and Victorian architecture made for a perfect combo in Baker City, Oregon.
- On the road to Baker City, Oregon July 8, 2014The scenic drive to Baker City Oregon showcases many facets of the American West and ends in a charming city.
- Smoked out by a Wildfire! July 3, 2014The Two Bulls wildfire smoked us out of Bend, but we found safe haven a continued on.
- A Scenic Drive in Central Oregon June 26, 2014The scenic drives west of Bend offer up waterfalls, rushing rivers, fun wildlife and covered bridges.
- From Lakes to Rivers in Bend Oregon June 24, 2014We found beauty, hiking and biking galore along the rivers and lakes around Bend, Oregon.
- Crater Lake National Park in Oregon – Bluer than blue! June 13, 2014Crater Lake wowed us with stunning views of royal blue water, deep green trees and snow capped mountains.
- Northern Oregon – Columbia River of History July 28, 2007July, 2007 – The Columbia River area taught us many history lessons that escaped us in school, and we savored the luscious fruits that were in season…
- Oregon Coast – Where the Buggy Got Stuck! July 18, 2007July, 2007 – The Oregon coast is gorgeous and rugged, but when you go lighthouse hunting down a tiny dirt road, watch out…