Florida – land of sun, sand, warm water! We’ve driven our RV to Florida three times now. The first time, in the winter of 2008, our goal was to see as much of the state as we could. We spent time on the northern Atlantic coast, traveled around the northern and central inland areas, and then dropped down to Miami.
On our second RV roadtrip, in the winter of 2009, we explored the Emerald Coast and northern Gulf Coast (the “Forgotten Coast”).
During our third RV trip to Florida, in the early spring of 2015, we returned to the Emerald Coast once again, but the highlight was a nearly five week stay in the gorgeous Sarasota area in the middle-southern Gulf Coast.
- Spring in Sarasota FL + Bryce Canyon’s Night Skies – in Trailer Life April 4, 2017 Sarasota Florida is a fantastic springtime RV destination and Bryce Canyon’s Night Skies are BREATHTAKING. Here’s a peek at both…
- A Summer RV Road Trip on Florida’s Northern Gulf Coast July 15, 2016 Florida’s northern Gulf Coast is a great place for an RV road trip, especially in summer beach season when the water is warm!
- Jungle Gardens in Sarasota Florida – It’s for the Birds! May 6, 2015 Jungle Gardens in Sarasota is a kid’s playground full of exotic birds, and if you’re not a kid, going there makes you feel like one!
- Sarasota, Florida – Life on the Waterfront April 29, 2015 Sarasota Florida is built on the waterfront with beautiful beaches, marinas and even freshwater habitats exotic long legged birds
- The Ringling – The Art of the Circus in Sarasota, Florida April 27, 2015 The Ringling is a huge estate in Sarasota Florida filled with original art by the European masters and the spirit of the circus too.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore – Florida’s Emerald Coast! April 17, 2015 The Gulf Island National Seashore and Pensacola Beach are gems for RV travelers visiting Florida’s Emerald Coast.
- Florida Panhandle – Emerald Coast Gems February 27, 2009 Apalachicola, St. George Island, & Gulf Island National Seashore) make the Emerald Coast very special.
- Florida Panhandle – Don’t Forget the “Forgotten Coast” February 26, 2009 Driving to Panama City Beach FL we stopped in Louisiana to experience horse racing first-hand and then enjoyed the “Forgotten Coast”
- Florida’s Gulf Coast – Something for Everyone April 25, 2008 From seeing iguanas and a building built from coral to meeting one of the original Coca-cola models, Florida had a little of everything…
- Daytona, Florida – The heat is on at Spring Break! March 25, 2008 Daytona at Spring Break was all about the Daytona 200 motorcycle race and hot babes cruising the beach!
- Northern Florida – Beach, Swamps & Pools February 21, 2008 N. Florida was all about salt air at Jacksonville Beach, swamp critters at Mt. Dora and turquoise pools at Alexander Springs.
- The Tube Dude – Spreading Good Cheer in Sarasota, Florida May 3, 2015
- Sunny Side Up – Baby Sandhill Cranes Hatch in Sarasota FL April 1, 2015
- Sharks and Snakes on the Beach in Florida! March 22, 2015
Never miss a post — it’s free!