We drove our RV to Maine in the late spring of 2015, and what a delight it turned out to be. I know the Maine coast primarily from sailing Casco and Penobscot Bays as a kid and from many trips to Bangor to visit special friends as a young adult. But how different it was to go there with our rig and hike in the woods at Acadia National Park. The surrounding coastal towns were pure New England charm at its very best.
- Eastport and Bangor – Off the Beaten Path in Maine! August 18, 2015Eastport and Bangor are fun destinations in Maine that are often overlooked in favor of more popular destinations on the Maine coast.
- Lubec & Campobello Island – Fantastic Lighthouses! July 17, 2015Lubec, Maine, and Campobello Island, New Brunswick, share more than an international border — both have gorgeous lighthouses!
- Taking the Mail Boat Ferry to Maine’s Cranberry Islands July 15, 2015A mail boat ferry ride to the Cranberry Islands (Islesford and Great Cranberry Island) from Mt. Desert Island in Maine – WHAT FUN!
- Beauty in the Mist – Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, Maine July 10, 2015A misty morning and drizzly Maine day on Mt. Desert Island has a special charm in the harbors and at Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse.
- Acadia National Park’s Carriage Roads in Maine – Thanks, Rockefeller! July 7, 2015The Carriage Roads at Acadia National Park are a 50 mile trail system for non-motorized traffic courtesy of John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
- Schoodic National Scenic Byway – Downeast Maine at its best! July 4, 2015The Schoodic National Scenic Byway is a delightful daytrip into “downeast” Maine away from the crowds of Acadia National Park.
- Acadia National Park – Alluring Beauty on the Maine Coast July 1, 2015Acadia National Park is home to some of the most beautiful scenery along Maine’s north coast, fabulous for an RV roadtrip!
- Narrows Too RV Resort – A Great Acadia National Park Home Base June 27, 2015An unexpected stay at scenic Narrows Too RV Resort in Maine made our visit to Acadia National Park a real dream come true!
- Hinckley Yachts Factory Tour – Where Cruising Dreams Come True June 16, 2015Hinckley Yachts fuels many cruising dreams and are among the finest boats built. A factory tour reveals their clever engineering.