We took our RV across New York from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts via the Catskill Mountains in the Spring of 2015. This was a very brief fly-by! Then we returned later that summer for a wonderful few weeks in the pastoral Finger Lakes where wineries and waterfalls and heartwarming encounters with the Amish filled out days.
- An Amish Farmer’s Auction in the NY Finger Lakes September 13, 2015A special NY Finger Lakes gathering of Amish farmers gave us a priceless glimpse of yesteryear as they auctioned off their harvest.
- Watkins Glen State Park NY – Absolutely Breathtaking! September 10, 2015A series of downpours in Watkins Glen State Park made for some awesome photographs of waterfalls along the spectacular Gorge Trail.
- A Peek Inside the Amish Farms of the NY Finger Lakes September 5, 2015We had a rare opportunity to visit two Amish farms in the Finger Lakes of NY. In return, we gave the Amish a tour of our own buggy!
- Waterfalls, Wildlife & Wineries in New York’s Finger Lakes August 30, 2015With a winery every half mile, pretty farms, tame wildlife & gorgeous waterfalls, New York’s Finger Lakes make a great RV destination.
- Finger Lakes, New York – Seneca Falls & The Amish! August 24, 2015The Finger Lakes in New York are set between quiet farmlands that ooze tranquility – in between the clip-clop of Amish horses’ hooves!
- A Farmland RV Fly-By at 55 mph – Highlights of the Northeast! June 24, 2015The northeastern states are challenging to drive in an RV, but we saw some beautiful scenery on the secondary roads of PA, NY and VT
- Driving an RV in the Eastern states – It’s a Wild Ride! June 22, 2015RV travel in the west is a piece of cake, with modest traffic, easy navigation and big open roads. Back east, you’ve gotta watch out!