The Fall 2015 issue of Coast to Coast magazine is featuring our article called “Riding the Rockies in Colorful Colorado” about the spectacular fall foliage in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains.
Autumn colors are gorgeous everywhere, but we have been absolutely smitten by the golden hues that blanket Colorado’s San Juan mountains in late September.
The area around Ouray, Ridgway, Silverton and Telluride is ablaze with vivid yellow and orange hues in the last 10 days of September, and the Million Dollar Highway — Route 550 between Ouray and Silverton — is knock-your-socks-off stunning.
Not only is this area filled with vivid colors and jagged peaks, but the tiny mountain towns nestled between the summits are utterly charming.
An old narrow gauge train takes visitors from Durango up one side of the mountains while the jaw-dropping Million Dollar Highway takes drivers up the other side from Ouray. Both meet in the hamlet of Silverton where echoes of the wild west can be heard and felt in the antique miners’ buildings around town.
Coast to Coast is the magazine for Coast to Coast Resorts, a campground membership program of over 400 RV parks that gives RVers a way to invest in their future travels and enjoy resort style RV living for a nominal nightly cost.
The editors of Coast to Coast have been kind enough to allow me to share the article here.
We have spent two glorious fall seasons in this area. All of our pics and stories from our RV travels amid Colorado’s flaming autumn colors can be seen at these links:
- Brilliant Fall Foliage + Snow in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado 11/22/16
- Colorado’s San Juan Skyway – An RV Trip in Dazzling Fall Color! 11/18/16
- San Juan Mountains Colorado – And then it Snowed! 11/14/14
- RV Trip on Colorado’s Million Dollar Highway – Ouray to Silverton 11/02/14
- Ouray – Finding the COLOR in Colorado on an RV Trip! 10/26/14
- Colorado GOLD – A Fall Foliage Photography Workshop 10/21/12
- Ridgway, CO – Peak fall foliage on the Dallas Divide – WOW!! 10/19/12
Never miss a post — it’s free!
Our most recent posts:
- RV Tech Tips – RV Upgrades – RV Maintenance Tips + Buying an RV! 11/16/17
- Kanab – Hub for the National Parks + Gorgeous Canyons Nearby! 11/12/17
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park – Shape Shifting in the Sand! 11/08/17
- 50 RV Gift Ideas for Your Beloved RVer (or RV!) 11/03/17
- Johnson Canyon Movie Set – A Spooky Ghost Town – Happy Halloween! 10/27/17
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.