Life in Mexico, for cruisers and shore-side ex-pats alike, can make us all feel a bit like Dorothy when she first landed in Oz.
Mexico is a wonderful country filled with the warmest, friendliest and most exuberant people. However, life here isn’t quite what we were accustomed to in our old neighborhoods back home. And what a refreshing change it is!
We have been living aboard our sailboat Groovy in Mexican waters for the winters (and much of the summers) since January, 2010. Here is a peek at some of the experiences we’ve had living in Mexico:
- Divorced Eggs…?! July 28, 2013Mexico travelers know about yummy “carne tacos,” but what the heck are those “Divorced Eggs” on the breakfast menu?
- Is Mexico Safe? July 21, 2013Lots of people ask us “Is Mexico safe?” and our answer, after 3.5 years of living and traveling throughout Mexico, is “Absolutely YES!”
- Quinceañera – Sailboat “Groovy” Helps Celebrate a Mexican 15th Birthday July 14, 2013Groovy provided an elegant backdrop for a quinceañera (15th birthday) photo shoot, and we got swept up in the family party!
- It’s Not About the Hair! June 19, 2013A simple haircut gives us intriguing cultural insights in La Manzanilla.
- The Tourist Tangle – All tied up in knots! April 9, 2013Sun hat, cameras, sunglasses, reading glasses: they all get hung around our necks for easy access, but what a web those straps make!!
- Shipwreck in Paradise – A unique ship hits the beach! April 2, 2013What a surprise to find an old wooden ship beached in front of the swimming pools of Paradise Village Resort in Puerto Vallarta!
- And God said: “Let the Beer Flow” March 30, 2013Holiday weeks in Mexico, especially Easter, bring out the hot beer models who always have cool promotions for selling beer.
- Red sky at morning… should sailors take warning? March 12, 2013The sunrises in Manzanillo’s Santiago Bay are sensational, but there’s a reason, and it lies at the south end of the bay…
- Shhh!! Bootleg DVDs are like a box of chocolates… March 11, 2013Bootleg DVDs are common in Mexico, but because the titles differ their English counterparts, you never know what you’re buying!
- La Tia Hot Sauce – The best among millions! March 6, 2013In our travels we often find yummy things and special places, but sometimes on a return visit they are no longer there…
- Generosity and friendliness are the hallmarks of Mexico! February 28, 2013While entering a store in ZIhuatanejo we noticed a fancy motorcycle -what a surprise when the owner offered us the keys for a ride!
If you enjoyed this page, you may also like the following pages: