The Apache Trail is one of the most breathtaking scenic drives in central Arizona, and we recently had a chance to trace its path once again. It runs along Route 88 between Apache Junction and Roosevelt Lake, just east and south of Phoenix. Following the Salt River past Canyon Lake and Apache Lake, it twists through some truly stunning Sonoran Desert landscapes of rugged rocks and sassy saguaros. Here are a few highlights from that gorgeous daytrip:
If you are in the Phoenix area in Arizona, this is a “must see” daytrip, especially as the wildflowers begin to bloom in late February and March!!
Our most recent posts:
- 50 RV Gift Ideas for Your Beloved RVer (or RV!) 11/24/23
- Shelter Island – The Heart of San Diego…on the Waterfront! 11/17/23
- Hartman Rocks – A Different View of Colorado near Gunnison 10/13/23
- Lost & Found – An Unexpected Guest Visits Us in our RV! 10/06/23
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.
- Wildflowers and Scenic Drives in Central Arizona – The Apache Trail
- A Majestic Drive in Arizona – The Bush Highway
- See our most recent Quick Pic posts HERE.