While we were in Sarasota, Florida, we kept seeing these funny looking metal figures all around town. This big stick figure guy was always busy doing something, and he was always smiling.
I finally asked the folks at the Pastry Art Bakery downtown — who had a cute pair out front — what these stick figures were all about.
“Oh, that’s the Tube Dude!” the gal behind the counter said with a smile. “He’s very popular around here. A local guy makes them…”
I looked online, and sure enough, he has a website: www.tube-dude.com.
The Tube Dude hangs out on people’s lawns and in front of businesses, doing all kinds of things, from kayaking to getting the mail to parasailing:
As we drove around town, one or the other of us would spot him in a front yard or next to a business.
“Tube Dude!” We’d yell, pointing.
It wasn’t always possible to get a great pic, but we sure had fun spotting him.
If you spend any time in Sarasota, Florida, keep an eye out for the Tube Dude.
He’s all around town, grinning from ear to ear, and spreading his special brand of good cheer in Sarasota!!
Never miss a post — it’s free!
Our most recent posts:
- What’s A Girl To Do at the RV Dump Station? 03/23/17
- Cheow Lan Lake Tour in Khao Sok with Greenery Panvaree Floating Raft House 03/18/17
- Greenery Panvaree Floating Raft House – Khao Sok National Park… Wow! 03/12/17
- Hitch Tighteners – Anti-Rattle Hitch Clamps Stop the Creaks & Wiggles! 03/08/17
- Kanchanaburi, Thailand – History, Caves, Monkeys & Exotic Fruit! 03/03/17
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.
Related posts — Communities with mascots and Sarasota sightings:
Other posts from our RV travels to Sarasota, Florida:
- Jungle Gardens in Sarasota Florida – It’s for the Birds! 05/06/15
- Sarasota, Florida – Life on the Waterfront 04/29/15
- The Ringling – The Art of the Circus in Sarasota, Florida 04/27/15
- Sunny Side Up – Baby Sandhill Cranes Hatch in Sarasota FL 04/01/15