We began traveling full-time in May of 2007 in a 27′ travel trailer. We upgraded to a 36′ fifth wheel in May of 2008 and then began alternating our seasons between the fifth wheel and our sailboat Groovy in Mexico in January 2010. In December, 2013 we moved off our boat permanently and resumed full-time RV travels in our fifth wheel.
Summary pages with links to all our blog posts can be found here:
- 2007-2012 – RVing in the west and south, adventure travel in the Caribbean and sailing Mexico
- 2013 – An awesome year of sailing and RVing for which we don’t have a summary page
- 2014 – RVing in the west (“A Year of Beauty”)
- 2015 – RVing in the east (“A Thrilling Journey East”)
To read the travel pages sequentially (I’ve been told our site reads like a novel that way), there is blue highlighted text at the beginning and end of each post linking it to the next and previous posts. More recent posts also have arrows at the bottom linking the posts chronologically.
Here is a synopsis of our travels as we have wandered across the US, Mexico and Canada:
- 2007 – We rented out our house in Phoenix, sold almost all of our stuff, drove 1,000 miles to a trailer dealership in Dallas and moved into a 27′ travel trailer for a year of traveling the western states. Our very first travel blog post is here.
- 2008 – After a winter dash to Florida, we traded the travel trailer in for a 36′ fifth wheel at the NuWa (Hitchhiker) factory in Chanute, Kansas, and returned to the west for summer and fall travels.
- 2009 – Another winter dash to Florida was followed by an accident with the trailer in California that sent us to Michigan to visit family and travel for 7 weeks by car while it was in the repair shop. We returned to the trailer for more western states travel, and then flew to the southeastern Caribbean with plans for a tropical winter in budget hotels. When our dream sailboat suddenly came on the market in San Diego, we flew back there to become proud owners of Groovy.
- 2010 – We took the boat to Ensenada, Mexico, where we outfitted it for cruising, and in the fall we sailed south along Mexico’s Pacific coast to Zihuatanejo.
- 2011 – From Z-town, we sailed north to the Sea of Cortez where we left the boat in late June to return the States and resume our RV travels in Arizona and Utah for a few months before sailing more of the Sea of Cortez in the fall.
- 2012 – We sailed south to Mexico’s furthest southern point on the Guatemala border, did some inland travel to see Mexico’s ancient ruins and colonial cities, and then left the boat for the summer to resume our RV travels from Arizona to Montana and back. In the fall we sailed from Chiapas to Huatulco where we spent 3 months.
- 2013 – We sailed Mexico’s Pacific coast north from Huatulco to Puerto Vallarta, ventured inland to Mexico’s colonial cities several times and did the Baja Bash to San Diego. In December we moved off of the boat and back into our trailer permanently.
- 2014 – Beginning in Arizona, we traveled north through Utah and Nevada to central Oregon. Heading east through Oregon’s Wallowa Mountains to Sun Valley, Idaho, we visited the spectacular Tetons in Wyoming and then dropped south to enjoy the stunning fall colors of Ouray, Colorado, and returned to Arizona. Links to all our 2014 travels are found here: 2014 – A Year of Beauty!
- 2015 – After traveling southeast through Arizona, we began a whirlwind tour of the eastern states, from White Sands, New Mexico, to Big Bend, Texas, Florida’s Gulf Coast and Georgia’s Antebellum Trail. We then stayed close to the National Park system beginning in North Carolina’s Smoky Mountains and traveling north along the Blue Ridge Parkway to Virginia’s Shenandoah National Park. Dashing northeast to Acadia National Park in Maine, we then crossed into Canada to visit Nova Scotia. We then traveled back to the west via New England and the New York Finger Lakes and on to Maysville, Kentucky. Quick stops in Kansas, Missoouri, Oklahoma and New Mexico brought us back to our home base in Arizona for the winter by mid-November. A synopsis of our 2015 travels is here: 2015 – A Thrilling Journey East.
2016 – We traveled straight north early in the season, going through Valley of the Gods, Moab, Arches, Canyonlands and Logan Utah. We continued through the back roads of Idaho through Challis and Salmon and on up into Montana’s Bitterroot Valley to Glacier National Park. From there we explored the four major National Parks in the Canadian Rockies, Banff, Jasper, Yoho and Kootenay, and then headed east and south to the Kananaskis and Waterton Lakes National Park. From there we returned to the US to Glacier National Park in Montana and on to Idaho.
Links to all our travels, in chronological order:
See Our Lastest Posts for links to all of our most recent travel posts.
Never miss a post — it’s free!
Our most recent posts:
- What’s A Girl To Do at the RV Dump Station? 03/23/17
- Cheow Lan Lake Tour in Khao Sok with Greenery Panvaree Floating Raft House 03/18/17
- Greenery Panvaree Floating Raft House – Khao Sok National Park… Wow! 03/12/17
- Hitch Tighteners – Anti-Rattle Hitch Clamps Stop the Creaks & Wiggles! 03/08/17
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.