We have dashed through New Mexico in our RV travels several times: first at the very outset of our new-found traveling lifestyle in 2007, then again for a brief visit to the exotic Bisti Badlands in 2012 and once again to see White Sands National Monument, Roswell and City of Rocks in 2015.
Each of these places is very unusual and very photogenic, and each time we taste a little more of New Mexico, we vow to get back and explore the whole state in greater depth.
In very our first week on the road in our new full-time RV lifestyle, after we picked up our brand new travel trailer in Dallas, we crossed New Mexico on our way to the west coast. We were new to RVing, new to full-time travel, new to photography, and new to writing about our travels on a website. Our “Just Started and In a Hurry” post is our very first travel post on this blog!
- Eggs & Aliens in Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness (Bisti Badlands) May 15, 2017The Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness is an outdoor lover’s paradise with fun hikes to exotic rock hoodoos shaped like alien eggs!
- City of Rocks State Park, NM – RV Camping in the Hoodoos! December 3, 2015City of Rocks State Park, New Mexico, is a fun spot for RV camping, with each campsite tucked into a cluster of exotic rock hoodoos!
- It IS Rocket Science at White Sands Missile Park in NM November 27, 2015White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico has a museum and outdoor Missile Park that resembles a rock garden for outdated missiles and makes for a fun stop.
- Tatum, New Mexico – Metal Art Magic November 21, 2015In Tatum, New Mexico, there’s some metal art magic going on around town courtesy of the workshops ofTex Welch and Juan Manuel Carbajal.
- Roswell, New Mexico – Aliens, UFO’s, Spaceships and more! March 11, 2015Roswell New Mexico was the site of a UFO crash landing in 1947, and today it is overrun with little green aliens!
- White Sands National Monument – New Mexico’s Desert Dunes! March 4, 2015White Sands National Monument in New Mexico is a fun park where you can make snow angels and go sledding in pure white sand.
- Bisti Badlands NM – Mysterious rocks and an alien egg factory! October 27, 2012The Bisti Badlands is a remote area filled with mysterious rock formations, hoodoos, and alien-looking “cracked eggs.”
- New Mexico – Just Started and In a Hurry! June 3, 2007The beginning! We picked up our new trailer in Dallas, stayed a week to get used to it, then headed west, through New Mexico.