Motorhome Magazine posts links to most of their destination articles on their website, and when one appears for this article we will link to it here.
But is there really a place for a professionally written and edited RV magazine in this era of online blogging? I think so.
Motorhome Magazine offers loads of tech tips, and the beauty of their technical articles is that they are read and edited by a number of experienced RV techs before publication, something that doesn’t happen with an ordinary RV blog (including this one!).
Even better, Motorhome offers oodles of mouth watering travel destination articles suggesting fun places to take an RV roadtrip all over North America.
In our household (and probably many others), whenever the various RV magazines we subscribe to arrive, Mark jumps on the tech articles and I run off to read the travel articles!
You can subscribe to Motorhome Magazine here.
I know you’re being inundated with great Christmas gift ideas right now (as we are), but in truth, a magazine subscription does make a wonderful gift. We’re giving quite a few RV magazine subscriptions as Christmas gifts this year in hopes of inspiring our friends to take their RVs out for a spin and to share a taste of this crazy lifestyle we live (Santa spoiler alert, Mom!).
As for Arizona in winter, it is a glorious place to take your RV during the coldest months and explore some exotic scenery. Lots of snowbird RVers choose the southwestern deserts as a warm winter destination. As described in our magazine article, central Arizona is among the best places to visit.
Anchored by the massive, sprawling city of Phoenix, there are loads of things to do, no matter what your interests are. We lean towards outdoor activities — hiking, biking and photographing Nature at her best — and central Arizona is filled to overflowing with places to enjoy these activities.
All of our blog posts from our RV travels to central Arizona can be seen here: Central Arizona RV Travel Adventures. A few of our favorites posts from Arizona are listed below, grouped by topic:
Knock-Your-Socks-Off Scenic Drives:
- The Bush Highway – A Majestic Drive through the Sonoran Desert
- The Apache Trail – Sensational Sonoran Desert Adventure!
Fun and Exotic Flora and Fauna:
- Wild Horses of the Salt River
- Phoenix on the Wing – Waterbirds in the Desert
- Burrowing Owls in Gilbert Arizona
- Wild Parrots of Arizona
- To Catch a Hummingbird (on camera!)
Places to See Spectacular Sonoran Desert Scenery:
- Saguaros and Sunsets in Phoenix Arizona
- Rivers of Phoenix – Oases in the Sonoran Desert
- Roosevelt Lake – Lakeside Camping and Ancient Indian Cliff Dwellings
- Saguaro Lake – On the Waterfront in Phoenix
- Rainbows Over Cactus At Sunset
Enjoy these articles, and if you have the time, brush the snow off your RV and come on down!!
Never miss a post — it’s free!
Our most recent posts:
- Bandelier National Monument – Fun Pueblo Cliff Dwellings in New Mexico! 06/21/17
- Tent Rocks National Monument (Kasha-Katuwe) – Hiking Slots & Spires! 06/17/17
- Full-time RV Pioneer & Escapees RV Club Co-Founder: Kay Peterson 06/13/17
- Aztec Ruins National Monument – Whispers from the Ancients in New Mexico! 06/11/17
- Royal Flush! – A Surprise RV Toilet Replacement…Under Warranty 🙂 06/07/17
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.