- Oh, That’s Just Swell!!Posted: May 17, 2013Swell is the name of the game when cruising Mexico’s Pacific coast on your own boat!!
Following are links to our most recent additions to this website, grouped as Travel Stories, “Snapshot” Anecdotes and Non-Travel Posts. For easy navigation, the Travel Stories (featuring lots of photos) are linked together chronologically by the blue highlighted text at the beginning and end of each post (I’ve been told our site reads like a novel that way!). The “Snapshots” are very brief one-picture anecdotes from our travels. The non-Travel posts cover topics related to living the full-time RVing and cruising lifestyles.
Our Most Recent Travel Stories:
- 2013 Kiteboard World Cup – Right here on the beach!Posted: May 14, 2013May, 2013 – The World Cup Kiteboard competitions took place right on our beach. And what a thrilling show it was — soaring athletes on wings and cool cars!!
- La Cruz – A favorite cruiser hangout with a fabulous farmer’s marketPosted: May 5, 2013April, 2013 – La Cruz is a favorite cruiser hangout, and when we went to the Sunday farmer’s market we understood why — it’s fantastic!!
- Chamela to La Cruz – Dances with Whales around Cabo CorrientesPosted: April 27, 2013March, 2013 – Our passage from Chamela to La Cruz was very tranquil until breaching humpback whales burst out of the water next to us, welcoming us to Banderas Bay!
- Costalegre: Careyes – The most colorful anchorage on Mexico’s Pacific coast!Posted: April 20, 2013March, 2013 – Wow, talk about color! The tiny anchorage of Careyes is hard to park in, but the colorful views surrounding the anchorage make it well worth the effort!
- Costalegre: Paraiso – An Unexpected Tropical Oasis!Posted: April 13, 2013March, 2013 – Paraiso is a tiny gem of an anchorage where we found clear turquoise water, thick swarms of fish, tall palms and a gorgeous beach.
- Costalegre: Cuastecomate – Exploring a “Secret Anchorage”Posted: April 6, 2013March, 2013 – On our second visit to the “Secret Anchorage” of Cuastecomate, we got ashore to the cute village behind the palapa beach bars.
- Costalegre: Santiago Bay in Manzanillo – Brilliant sunrises every day!Posted: March 31, 2013March, 2013 – In Santiago Bay we bolted out of bed every morning to watch the gorgeous sunrises. Each was more beautiful than the last.
- Costalegre: Manzanillo’s Las Hadas Resort – A hint of the Med in MexicoPosted: March 23, 2013March, 2013 – Visiting Las Hadas in our third season aboard Groovy, we were charmed by its picturesque beauty once again and took tons of pics!!
- Zihuatanejo – A place people keep coming back to… us included!Posted: March 14, 2013February, 2013 – Zihuatanejo has so much to offer, we just love it: on-the-water action, a lively fish market, pretty sunsets and some very interesting characters…
- Pátzcuaro – A “Magical City” that charmed us with its colorful outdoor marketPosted: March 5, 2013February, 2013 – With Groovy safe at anchor in Zihuatanejo, we explored Pátzcuaro, a designated “Magical City” that has the most vibrant outdoor market we have seen in Mexico to date.
All other travel posts are listed chronologically on our Route page.
- Oh, That’s Just Swell!!Posted: May 17, 2013
- Free Spirit – Travel inspiration from close to my heart!Posted: May 9, 2013
- ¿Hablas tú español? Here are a few tools for learning Spanish!Posted: April 30, 2013
- Go Fish! – Some wild ways to catch dinner!Posted: April 24, 2013
- Snap, Crackle, Pop! – Nice Fishies…Posted: April 17, 2013
- The Tourist Tangle – All tied up in knots!Posted: April 9, 2013
Our Most Recent Non-travel Posts:
- Escapees Magazine features our story “Pacing Your RV Travels”Posted: May 2, 2013When we began RVing full-time 6 years ago, we raced across America (just like all new full-timers do!) until we discovered how much more satisfying it was to slow down…
- Blue Water Sailing’s April, 2013 issue has one of our photos on the cover!!Posted: March 21, 2013Blue Water Sailing Magazine’s April 2013 issue features one of our Zihuatanejo Sail Fest photos on the cover!
- In the Media!! – Published articles and photography by Mark & Emily FaganPosted: March 10, 2013We have published a lot of articles, photos and magazine covers in the major RVing and cruising magazine, and this page lists them all and links to many.
- Marina Chiapas – Waypoints, Cruising Guide & Inland Travel InformationPosted: February 22, 2013Marina Chiapas is a new marina at Puerto Madero (the new Puerto Chiapas cruise ship port) near the Guatemala border. After several months there we put together these notes for cruisers, including waypoints and an inland travel guide.
- Solar Power Tutorial Part IV – Solar Panel Selection and WiringPosted: January 17, 2013Solar panel and wiring considerations when planning a full-time RV / marine solar power system for boondocking / anchoring out.
- Shorts – Quickie glimpses into our crazy and fun life of full-time travelPosted: January 5, 2013Sometimes we have a tale to tell that is too long for our Facebook page but too short to be one of our regular travel posts. So we keep them here.
- Solar Power Tutorial Part III – Full-time RV & Cruising Solar KitsPosted: December 31, 2012This page outlines two full-time level solar power systems for off-the-grid RV boondocking and anchoring out in a sailboat.
- Solar Power Tutorial Part II – A small, upgradeable system for simple summertime livingPosted: December 8, 2012Here is a parts list and installation guide for a small, upgradeable RV solar power system that works great for dry camping all summer long.
- Solar Power Tutorial Part I – Understanding the Basics of RV (or Sailboat) Solar PowerPosted: November 27, 2012First in a six part series about solar power: Basic concepts and components used to set up your RV or sailboat to be self-sufficient without electric hookups.
- Life on the Hook in Mexico – What do you do all day when you’re cruising in the tropics?Posted: November 17, 2012Sailing off into the sunset on a cruising boat is a dream for many, but life afloat is not just umbrella drinks and suntanning in the cockpit.