- Spring 2007 – We rented out our house, sold almost all of our stuff, drove 1,000 miles to a trailer dealership in Dallas and moved into a 27′ travel trailer for a year of traveling the western states and Florida.
- Spring 2008 – We traded the travel trailer in for a 36′ fifth wheel at the NuWa (Hitchhiker) factory in Chanute, Kansas, returned to the west for a while and then shot across to Florida.
- Spring 2009 – An accident with the trailer in California sent us to Michigan to visit family and travel for 7 weeks by car while it was in the repair shop. We returned to the trailer for more western travel, and then flew to the southeastern Caribbean with plans to try a tropical winter. Suddenly our dream boat came on the market in San Diego, so we flew back there and became proud owners of Groovy.
- Spring 2010 – We took the boat to Ensenada, Mexico, where we outfitted it for cruising, and in the fall we sailed south to Zihuatanejo.
- Spring 2011 – We sailed north along the Mexican coast to the Sea of Cortez where we left the boat in late June to return the States and resume our RV travels in Arizona and Utah for a few months. When we returned to the boat in the fall we sailed it to Mexico’s furthest southern point on the Guatemala border.
- Spring 2012 – We left the boat in Chiapas, Mexico, and resumed our RV travels from Arizona to Montana and back. In the fall we sailed from Chiapas to Huatulco where we spent 3 months.
- Spring 2013 – We sailed north from Huatulco to Puerto Vallarta.
To read the travel pages sequentially (I’ve been told our site reads like a novel that way), there is blue highlighted text at the beginning and end of each post linking it to the next and previous posts.
Links to all our travels: