We have been loving our visit to the eastern side of the Chiricahua Mountains in southeastern Arizona for the past two day. This unique area is a “sky island” in southeastern Arizona’s desert that is filled with high elevation flora and fauna it shares with other “sky island” mountain ranges in the area.
Last night, we were out on a picture-taking evening stroll, getting shots of the vivid pink and blue sky after sunset. It was one of those yummy skies that is layered with light blue at the horizon and soft pink above.
As I stood in the middle of the road taking my umpteenth photo of the same scene, wondering how to make it look as beautiful in the photo as it was in person, I suddenly felt a presence near me. I looked up, and there was a deer standing right next to me!!
He paused at the edge of the road just long enough for me to get his photo. Then he ambled off down the middle of the road to join his two girlfriends who had gotten ahead of him while he dawdled with me. I guess they were out for an evening stroll too.
Sometimes the best things in life are just right there, only an arm’s length away.
Our most recent posts:
- Picturesque Medieval Charm an Hour from Paris – Moret sur Loing 10/20/17
- What are the Most Important Features in a Full-time Fifth Wheel Trailer?! 10/13/17
- A Las Vegas Light Show — WOW!! 10/06/17
- An American in Paris – Ooh La La! 09/30/17
More of our Latest Posts are in the top MENU above.
More Chiricahua Mountains Info:
- Birding and hiking in the Chiricahua Mountains – The Chiricahuas are a top US birding site, especially on the eastern side.
Related Posts about special animal encounters we’ve enjoyed:
- Dances with Whales in Mexico – Humpback whales breach repeatedly next to our sailboat in Mexico
- Wild Horses Running Free – Wild horses live life on their own terms along Arizona’s Salt River
- A Parrot in a Cactus – Wild parrots (from Africa) set up housekeeping in a saguaro cactus
- Latest Quick Pic posts – Glimpses of what we see day to day