When we started full-time RVing in 2007, our “target destination” was Vancouver Island, Canada. We were still learning the ropes and getting the basics down for how to live in an RV full-time, but what fun it was to take our trailer on a ferry, discover goats living on rooftops and see our first sheep dog trials.
During the summer of 2015 we visited Nova Scotia where we saw a replica of the first Scottish immigrant ship, heard French spoken in the shops and on the radio, explored some charming little seaside villages (and saw a breathtaking sunset over a gorgeous lighthouse) and took in the stunning vistas of the Cape Breton Highlands on the Cabot Trail.
In the spring of 2016 we traveled through the Canadian Rockies where we saw towering snowcapped mountains and basked in wonderful hot springs in Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Kootenay National Park and Yoho National Park.
Click the following link for some Tips for RVing in Canada where we offer pointers for crossing the border, getting Internet access, gas prices, obtaining a National Parks pass, currency and metric conversions, and more.
You can navigate to our blog posts for each of these regions using these links:
- Waterton Lakes Nat’l Park – Starry Skies, the Milky Way & Wildflowers August 9, 2016Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada’s starry night skies are dark enough to see the Milky Way, great fun on an RV trip!
- Waterton Shoreline Cruise – A Classy Tour of Waterton-Glacier NP August 5, 2016The Waterton Lakes Shoreline Cruise was the highlight of our stay in Waterton-Glacier National Park and is a great way to see the park.
- Waterton Lakes National Park – Rocky Mountain High! July 28, 2016Waterton Lakes National Park is a phenomenal place for an RV trip, with glorious scenery, campsites on the lake and a sweet town.
- Kananaskis Country – Canadian Rockies Beauty Off the Beaten Path July 23, 2016An RV trip to Canada’s Kananaskis Country serves up stunning Rocky Mountains beauty a little ways off the beaten path.
- Canmore, Alberta – An Outdoor Lover’s Town in the Rocky Mountains July 17, 2016Canmore is a cute mountain town nestled into Canada’s Rocky Mountains where lovely bike trails wander through exquisite views.
- Jasper National Park – Columbia Icefields & Athabasca Falls July 12, 2016The Columbia Icefields are a highlight on the Icefields Parkway in Jasper National Park, and Athabasca Falls is a delight at sunrise.
- Hot Springs in the Canadian Rockies – Swimming in Giant Hot Tubs!! July 10, 2016The hot springs in the Canadian Rockies are a great place to spend a few hours on a cold rainy day in the mountains. Here’s a look…
- Banff, Alberta – A Grand Resort Town in the Canadian Rockies July 3, 2016Banff is a beautiful, grand resort town with historic roots that is nestled in the beautiful Canadian Rockies, ideal for an RV road trip!
- Yoho National Park – Emerald Lake & Natural Bridge – Aqua Magic! June 26, 2016Emerald Lake and Natural Bridge are wonderful highlights at Yoho National Park in the Canadian Rockies where we found true Agua Magic!
- Moraine Lake – Crown Jewel of Banff National Park June 19, 2016Moraine Lake is the crown jewel of Banff National Park and is a “must see” on any visit to Lake Louise whether by bike, by RV or by car.
- Icefields Parkway – True Blue Lakes, Avalanches & Grouse! June 16, 2016In our RV adventure on the Icefields Parkway in Banff National Park we saw blue lakes, heard avalanches and played with grouse.
- Icefields Parkway – Canadian Rockies Scenic Drive – WOW! June 14, 2016The Icefields Parkway in Banff National Park is an eye-popping Canadian Rockies scenic drive well worthy of an RV road trip.
- Lake Louise – RV Travels to the Heart of the Rockies in Banff June 10, 2016Lake Louise is a great RV travel destination in Banff National Park (heart of the Canadian Rockies), and hiking to Lake Agnes is a must.
- Kootenay National Park Canada – Bears, Mountains & Rivers! June 7, 2016Koontenay National Park is a fun RV destination in Canada’s Rocky Mountains where bears are common and rivers are turquoise.
- Canadian Rockies – Big Mountains & Big Horn Sheep! June 2, 2016On an RV road trip into the Canadian Rockies we found ourselves surrounded by very tall mountains and big horn sheep too!
- Canada RV Travel Tips – RVing Nova Scotia & the Canadian Rockies! August 16, 2015Taking an RV to Nova Scotia? Here are some travel tips for crossing the border and RVing in Canada’s Atlantic Provinces.
- Cabot Trail Highlights – Nova Scotia’s Cape Breton Island August 14, 2015The Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island in the northeastern corner of Nova Scotia passes by dramatic cliffs and cute fishing villages.
- Nova Scotia’s Northumberland Shore – The Quiet Side August 6, 2015Nova Scotia’s Northumberland Shore on the north coast is quiet and full of farmlands anchored by historic Pictou and Antigonish.
- Mahone Bay & Blue Rocks on Nova Scotia’s South Shore August 2, 2015Mahone Bay and Blue Rocks are tranquil villages on the south shore of Nova Scotia far from the hum of city life.
- Lunenburg, Nova Scotia – Pretty As A Picture! July 31, 2015Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, is a tourist’s and photographer’s delight with colorful buildings on the docks and pretty boats in the bay.
- Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse, Nova Scotia – Reflections At Sunset! July 24, 2015Peggy’s Cove, a quaint seaside hamlet, has one of the most beautiful lighthouses in Nova Scotia, especially during a spectacular sunset!
- Fireworks for Canada Day and the 4th of July – EXPLOSIVE!! July 2, 2015Fireworks on Canada Day in Antigonish, Nova Scotia — Here are some amazing shots of this fiery celebration in the night sky!!
- Victoria, BC – A Taste of the Old World August 21, 2007Victoria has a strong European flavor and old world charm, and on our open air bus tour we saw lots of colorful flowers.
- Vancouver Island – Houseboats, Goats and Sheepdog Trials August 18, 2007On our RV trip to Vancouver Island we saw houseboats in Cowichan, goats on a grass roof in Coombs & sheepdog trials in Comox.